Saturday 12 April 2014

Really, she said.

I remember the time when my friend once said "I actually am some sort of a psychic."

"Really?" I then asked. I was curious, really.

"Really," she answered.

I remember I felt a little afraid if it was true -- and if she heard me at that moment.

She just smiled and no words from her till a bus stopped in front of us.

"Goodbye," she said.

I remember it was the last day of school for that year.

and I hadn't heard any words from her then.

I remember how I heard that two syllables word again at some time after the last one.

I remember how she said it.

Goodbye.

It was full of sorrow.

I remember I said something too.

Goodbye, my friend.

I remember drowning in her dark -- sad eyes.

I remember smiling victoriously.

Smiling at the dead in front of me.

I remember the time when my friend once said "I actually am some sort of a psychic."

"Really?" I then asked.

I guess she lied.

I guess she didn't hear me.

She must have lied.

3 comments:

diode s said...

daaaangit this one is some sort of... idk i just imagine this-- happening in black and white and just.. dangiiiiit

I LOOOOVEEE THISSSS

robo said...

I imagined it happening in black and white, too! ngahahahaha

THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Dämon said...

great mind thinks alike.I don't have a great mind after all because I don't imagine this in black and white.Hahaha!

Maybe you should be grateful that she is a psychic.This will make it a lot easier for you.You don't have to say something to her.She can just read it from your mind.It must be hurtful for her knowing something nasty and harsh about her very existence,however that's just the downside of that great gift of her.

And I absolutely like the last stanza.We all at some point want to feel secure,we don't want people to know our little dark(maybe)secrets.Thus,we usually hypothesize things to reassure ourselves.Anyway,this is a really good poem.